Greater Noida: A fire incident was reported in Elegant Villa, a highrise in Greater Noida West on Monday. According to fire department in Greater Noida, fire occured at 9th floor of the building.
“Fire took place due to short circuit in electric panel fixed on balcony on 14th floor of the D tower. It spread till 9th floor. Fire tenders were rushed to the society, however, residents along with management in the society doused the fire,” an official in fire department in Greater Noida said.
Around 30 families live in Tower D of the society, however, no causality was reported.
Seema Singh, a resident, who also reside in the same tower said, “There was emergency kind of situation but collective efforts of the residents made the situation under control. People vacated their flats immediately and reached safe at ground floor.”
Few senior citizens and children faced tough time. But with support of residents, they were brought down one by one and all residents are safe.
From last couple of days, residents of the society have been protesting against the management and have been demanding better facilities in the society.