New Delhi: As metro services are all set to begin in phased manner from September 7, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has released a detailed travel protocol for passengers. They have listed out several preventive measures to keep the coronavirus at bay.
As there will be a lot of preventive measures in place, the passengers have been advised to keep 10-15 minutes for their travel.
Here is the new protocol which will be followed in Delhi metro:
- Entry of passengers will be permitted through only one of two gates. The details of entry gates will be uploaded on the website www.delhimetrorail.com.
- Wearing face masks and covers will be mandatory inside the station premises and trains.
- There will be thermal scanning at the entry points. Hand sanitisation will also be done there itself.
- Passengers having temperatures will not be permitted to travel.
- Social distancing will be followed at the stations. Stripe markers will be provided at frisking points, customer care, AFC gates etc.
- Only 2-3 persons will be allowed inside the lifts. Social distancing will also be followed on escalators as passengers will be required to stand at alternate steps on it.
- Monitoring will be done through CCTV cameras.
- Passengers will be allowed to sit at alternate seats in the trains. Social distancing will be followed by the standing passengers also. ‘Do not sit here’ stickers have been fixed on alternate seats.
- The stoppage time at stations will be increased by 10 seconds to allow people safe boarding following social distancing. It will be increased from earlier 10-15 seconds to 20-25 seconds.
- At interchange stations, the stoppage time will be increased from earlier 35-40 seconds to 55-60 seconds.
- Tokens will not be permitted. Only smart card holders will be allowed to travel. Recharge of smart cards will only be done through cashless modes. Ticket Vending Machines will not accept cash.
- All the human contact points like lift buttons, escalator handrails, AFC gates touch points, customer handing points will be disinfected every 4 hours at all the stations.
- Parking facility will be operational whereas there will be no feeder bus services.