New Delhi: The Delhi Development Authority on Wednesday presented its annual budget for FY 2021-22 with an outlay of Rs 6,738 crore, while the receipts have been projected at Rs 6,749 crore. During a meeting held at Vikas Sadan, DDA Chairman and Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal approved the budget.
“Significant allocations have been made for transport infrastructure projects, such as the construction of Phase IV Metro line for the Rithala-Bawana-Narela corridor and construction of UER II (Urban Extension Road) stretch in Delhi which is being developed by the NHAI. Special emphasis has also been given on rejuvenation of water bodies and the Yamuna River Front,” a DDA statement said.
“Construction of 'housing for all' under the PMAY is in progress at Kalkaji Extension, Jailer Wala Bagh, and Kathputli colony. Construction of 7,500 EWS houses is in progress which is likely to be completed by December 2021,” the statement read.
The DDA has provided big allocations to sub-cities of Narela, Dwarka, and Rohini under development. The budget also stated that the Centre's scheme of housing for all under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) is underway. It is likely to be completed by December.
The budget also mentioned that all the housing projects will be completed within the FY 2021-22. DDA has allocated Rs 1,100 crore for the same.
Budget 2021-22 highlights:
- The draft MPD 2041 is expected to be ready by March 2021 for statutory approvals. Rs 17 crore has been allocated for the infrastructure.
- A provision of Rs 2,326 crore has been made for the development of roads, sewerage, water supply, power lines, and drainage in the sub-cities of Narela, Dwarka, and Rohini.
- DDA is committed to providing Rs 1,000 crore in a phased manner for the Rithala-Bawana-Narela corridor of Delhi Metro Phase IV projects.
- Construction of four foot overbridges (FOBs) in Dwarka to be done for providing safe passage to pedestrians. Rs 8 crore has been allocated.
- Rs 6 crore has been allocated for the construction of a flyover cum Railway over Bridge (ROB) in Narela is expected to be completed by March 2021.
- Construction work of SW drain at Sector 8, Dwarka has been undertaken for the discharge of drain water of airport.
- DDA prepared an action plan for the rejuvenation of 41 water bodies. Rs 40 crore has been allocated for the purpose.
- An outlay of Rs 112.40 crore has also been provided towards the development and maintenance of city parks maintained by DDA.
- Rs 280 crore has been allocated for the development of the Bharat Vandana Park in Dwarka.
- DDA has allocated Rs 500 crore for the East Delhi hub project in Karkardooma.
- The authority will spend Rs 28 crore for the construction of a dedicated corridor for cyclists and pedestrians from Badarpur to Malviya Nagar.
- Rs 10 crore allocated for setting up Decentralized STPs/Wastewater Treatment Plants for the purpose of supplying water to the city parks.
- Rs 105 crore allocated for the work of rejuvenation and restoration of the floodplains of River Yamuna.
- A provision of Rs 410 crore has been made for the promotion of sports including the construction of three new sports complexes at Dwarka and one at Rohini; golf course at Dwarka; maintenance expenditure of 18 sports complexes and 2 golf courses; and construction of a sports complex at Dwarka on PPP basis.
- Commercial centers like Nehru Place, Bhikaji Cama Place, and BasantLok Community Center will be upgraded. Rs 46 crore was allocated for the purpose.
- Rs 13.50 crore has been allocated for the construction of Utsav pandals at Madangir, Dwarka, Rohini and Shahdara.