By Dr. Geetika Goel
Makeup can be a quick fix, but the natural bridal glow makes all the difference! Here are a few tips to ace your skin glow for your big day:
- Start getting regular body massages to provide essential nourishment to the skin and enjoy deep relaxation. Therapeutic body massages can also help treat skin issues such as tanning and hyperpigmentation.
- Identify the right diet for you and start incorporating it into your lifestyle. Avoid munching on foods such as chips, ice-creams, chocolates, or soda as these things may cause bloating and unwanted zits. Consult a dietician and add foods like colourful vegetables, fruits, vitamins, antioxidants and proteins.
- Make sure to take your skin cleansing to the next level and start using makeup remover before your face wash to get rid of all the dirt, pollution, dead skin, oil, and debris present on your skin.
- Start getting high-quality facials at least six months before your wedding. Remember to do a patch test before using any product on your face. You can also get derma facials which are specialized for specific skin issues.
- Keep yourself hydrated because you do not want your skin to look dull and dehydrated. Sip on fluids like lemon water, coconut water, or just plain water. However, avoid packaged drinks as they are not advised for your fitness and contain preservatives.
- Sweating makes your skin glow and is excellent for bridal skincare.
- Consider working out every day at the gym or start practicing yoga.
- Workout in any form is excellent for both your mental as well as physical well-being.
- Start applying face packs to give your skin the extra boost of glow it demands. However, make sure to keep your skin condition and type in check. Using products or ingredients that do not suit your skin can damage the barrier and cause inflammation.
- It is also necessary to manage stress as it is one of the most common factors of dull and tired skin. You can start practicing meditation and take head massages to feel relieved.
- Sleep quality matters a lot for your skin health. Take 6-8 hours of sleep to avoid dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Make sure to wind up all the preparations at least four weeks before your wedding so you can sit back and relax.
Also read: Hansika Motwani looks stunning in a red bridal lehenga
(The writer is Consultant at Clinic Dermatech)