The restaurant, Cuisines of Hyderabad, is located on the ground floor of M Block. The reason for the fire is still unknown.
Yet again pointing to lapses in fire-safety measures adopted by eateries in residential complexes, a fire broke out yesterday evening in the kitchen area of a restaurant, Cuisines of Hyderabad, in the commercial area of Jaipuria Sunrise Greens in Indirapuram.
No casualties have been reported.
The incident was reported at around 6.30 pm, when the flames started. The reason for the fire is still unknown.
Security guards rushed to the scene and brought the situation under control with fire extinguishers.
“More than 50 extinguishers were employed to control the fire. The situation was in control before the arrival of the fire brigade,” confirmed Suman Pal, AOA President of Jaipuria Sunrise Greens.
The restaurant is located on the ground floor of M Block.
The tower contains 17 floors and the fire could have jeopardized the lives of hundreds of residents living in it, Pal said.
The society, which has 1,100 flats in its 16 towers, has more than 50 such restaurants operating without a fire NOC in its commercial complex, said Pal.
More than 300 shops operate illegally on the ground floor and basement area of the residential towers, Pal added.
He blamed the GDA for the situation.
“How can restaurants be allowed to run in basements — that too without a fire NOC!” he retaliated.
To bring focus on the matter, the AOA has lodged a complaint on the chief minister's Jansunwai portal.