A massive fire broke out on the 7th floor of Niho Scottish Garden, a high-rise in Indirapuram, on Wednesday evening. Nobody was injured as the flat was locked at the time of incident.
The owner of the flat, Manmohan Ramprakash, was not at home when the incident happened. Ramprakash lives with his family in the flat.
Neighbours spotted dense smoke coming out of his flat and alerted the security guards of the society. They also informed the family, police and fire brigade.
Some residents and guards broke into the flat and tried to douse the flames with fire extinguishers and buckets of water.
When fire tenders reached, the fire was already doused. Fire officials said that the fire started from a short circuit in the AC and then spread into the whole flat.
It had engulfed the whole flat. Except the kitchen, all other household items got charred in the fire.