Noida: Major tragedy averted with timely intervention of fire brigade
Noida: Major tragedy averted with timely intervention of fire brigade
Ramesh Kumar
Noida: Major tragedy averted with timely intervention of fire brigade
Photo: Supplied

Noida: Major tragedy averted with timely intervention of fire brigade

Fire broke out at 15th floor of residential tower 12 in Purvanchal Royal Park, a high rise in Sector 137, in the wee hours of Friday. The incident occurred at 2 am when the residents of the flat were asleep. 

Seeing a thick smoke coming out from the flat, on-duty security guards rushed towards the tower raising an alarm. On hearing the noise, the flat owners woke up and saw the blaze leaping from their balcony. The family escaped unhurt in the incident, however, they could not save their belongings. The fire charred everything that came its way in the flat. 

 

Fire tenders reached the spot immediately after one of the family members informed the fire brigade about the incident. It took them over an hour to douse the flames, according to the residents.

 

Sudhe Jha, a member of apartment owner association (AOA), said that the residents and the on-duty guard tried to douse the flame but the fire equipment installed in the society turned out to be dysfunctional. 

He said the flames were so high that it created panic among the residents. They feared that other flats might also catch fire. “I would like to thank officials of the fire department for their prompt response. If not for them, the fire would have spread to other flats.” 

The residents complained that the builder had just built the society without equipping it with even fire fighting tools in functional order. They said if the equipment was functional, they would have doused the fire themselves. 

Jha said, "It wouldn't have caused much loss if only the fire fighting equipment was functional. But that does not mean the residents should not be dependent on officials from fire service department.”