Noida: 1 dead, 300 evacuated after ammonia gas leak at Haldiram's
Noida: 1 dead, 300 evacuated after ammonia gas leak at Haldiram's
CitySpidey
Noida: 1 dead, 300 evacuated after ammonia gas leak at Haldiram's
Photo: CitySpidey

Noida: 1 dead, 300 evacuated after ammonia gas leak at Haldiram's

Noida: A 42-year-old worker died after ammonia gas leak at Haldiram's building in Sector 65, Noida on Saturday. More than 300 workers were evacuated from the building after ammonia gas leak.

The leakage was reported at 12 pm. Soon, police force, firefighters and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) were deployed to control the situation.

The gas leak happened at the maintenance unit of Haldiram's. At the time of the leak, around 22 people were working in the unit. They were all evacuated soon. One of them died at the hospital. The deceased was identified as Sanjeev Kumar who was ammonia operator. 

The situation was brought under control by 3 pm. Police said, “An alert call was received on emergency 112 service of the police. People were immediately evacuated from the building.”

Fire department officials informed that the situation was controlled after diluting the ammonia gas.

Exposure to ammonia gas, which is used as refrigerant gas, can cause burning of eyes, nose, throat and respiratory tract and can also cause death.