Ecovillage-1: Incident of fire raises fire safety concerns

Location

Ecovillage-1: Incident of fire raises fire safety concerns

According to residents, the cause of the fire was a short circuit

Ecovillage-1: Incident of fire raises fire safety concerns

Noida: An incident of fire happened in flat no. 606, tower C4, Supertech Eco Village 1, Greater Noida West. Residents shared that the flat is on rent and the tenant was not present there. According to them, the cause of the fire was a short circuit.

Residents shared that fortunately, the fire did not reach the LPG gas cylinders. They shared that they saw the sofa burning. Fortunately, the incident of fire was controlled in time. If the fire had reached out to the whole flat, it would have affected the other flats.

Residents shared that there are no sprinklers, fire alarms or any fire safety system in the flats. With the help of the maintenance team, residents broke the gate of the tower to control the fire.

Sameer Bharadwaj, a resident of tower C4 said, “In the tower, flats do not have sprinklers or any fire safety equipment. The fire safety equipment is only in the common area. I request the builder to think about it. Yesterday, there was a small incident which was controlled on time. Who will be responsible if anything big happens?”

Another resident Sanjay Sharma said, "We have been fighting for many years for these issues but no one has listened to us. Society has inadequate fire safety equipment. Fortunately, the fire was controlled on time. According to the Supertech facility team, they will fix all the fire safety issues within two months and we are waiting for it."