Regularly indulging in potato chips can lead to weight gain due to their high calorie content and lack of nutritional value. Additionally, their deep-fried and unhealthy preparation has been linked to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
However, there are healthier ways to enjoy potato chips without sacrificing taste. Here's a simple recipe for baked potato chips that are low in fat:
Also read: Craving for healthy homemade chips and exchanging sweet nothing!
● Preheat the oven to 200-220 degrees Celsius
● Thoroughly clean the potatoes, remove the skins, and pat dry with a paper or cloth towel
● Cut the potatoes into thin slices, approximately 1/16 of an inch
● Toss the potato slices in a small amount of olive oil, just enough to make each one shine
● Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, making sure there is room between each slice
● Bake for 10 minutes, then turn each slice over with tongs and bake for another 7 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown
● Season with salt and pepper (or any other seasoning of your choice)
● These baked potato chips are a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried chips, as they contain less fat and fewer calories. Plus, they're easy to make and can be customized with different seasonings to suit your taste
If you're looking for other ways to enjoy healthier chips, try slicing and seasoning raw banana, sweet potato, beetroot, or carrot. These options are not only tasty but also eye-catching and perfect for any gathering.