Indirapuram: Maid dies while working in Shipra Sun City
Welcome To CitySpidey


Indirapuram: Maid dies while working in Shipra Sun City

The 38-year-old suddenly started vomiting and finally collapsed on the floor.

Indirapuram: Maid dies while working in Shipra Sun City Picture used for representative purpose only

A 38-year-old domestic help died after she vomited a large amount of blood while mopping the floor in a flat at Sun Tower, a residential society in Shipra Sun City, Indirapuram, on the morning of March 10.

The deceased has been identified as Mallu Devi. She was also known as Lata Devi and was a resident of Chhajarsi village, located in Sector 63, Noida.

According to the police, Devi was working in flat no. C-1006 when she suddenly vomited. "She first had a gag reflex and then she vomited on the floor. There was blood in her vomit. As the floor was covered in blood, she puked in the mop bucket to prevent the blood from further spreading. Soon, when she couldn’t control it, she went outside the house and vomited before finally collapsing on the floor," said Balram Singh Yadav, in charge of Shipra Sun City police outpost.

Her employers Dr Rajiv Mehra, a scientist working in Noida, and his wife Chari Mehra were on their way to office when the incident happened. Ram Bharose Kamal, Dr Mehra’s father, who is a retired school principal, was the only person at home at the time of the incident.

"After following her outside, Kamal saw that Mallu had collapsed and was lying unconscious. He called the neighbours and they called the ambulance. She was rushed to Shanti Gopal Hospital in Ahinsa Khand II in Indirapuram," added Yadav. 

Devi was declared brought dead by the hospital authorities and the police was informed soon after. "By the time they reached us, she was already dead. We did not give her any treatment, and treated it as a police case and handed over her body," said Raja Agarwal, director of Shanti Gopal Hospital.

The body has been sent for post-mortem and the report is awaited to ascertain the cause of death. “It appears she died of an illness. Nevertheless the post-mortem report is important," said a police official.

The police has ruled out any possibility of foul play and a case has been registered at the Indirapuram police station.