Ghaziabad's 'model road' project stalled due to lack of funds
Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) has put the scheme of developing eight roads across Ghaziabad into model roads in the back burner.
The authority had planned to turn eight roads across its eight zones of the city into the model roads.
Chief Engineer Of GDA, VK Singh, said that the project was stalled because of lack of funds. Singh gave a rough estimate of Rs 8 crore for developing the project.
The authority had identified the following 8 stretches to be developed into model roads
1.From VVIP society to KDP roundabout in Raj Nagar Extension
2. Shaheed Major Mohit Sharma Road in Shakar Garden
3. From Govindpuram Police Post to Madhuban Bapudham Road
4. From H to J block in Pratap Vihar sector 12
5. From crossings Republik to NH 9
6. From Kanawani Pulia to NH9 at CISF Road in Indirapuram
7. Main Road of Koyal Enclave
8. From Bikaner to Karan Gate Police Post at GT Road
The work was planned in a phase wise manner. In the first phase, the encroachment was to be removed from the roads. Then green belt was to be developed on both sides of the roads following which augmentation of the roads, construction of footpaths and development of central verge were planned. Installation of attractive lights was also planned.
However, not a single work has been done due to lack of funds.