Ghaziabad: On the morning of December 1, 2021, at around 6:30 am, a sudden fire broke out in a flat of Exotica East Square Society, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. The flat was on the fifth floor in the C wing of the housing complex. The fire brigade arrived at the spot in around 20 minutes at 6:50 am. The fire was extinguished in half an hour. There is no information of any casualty in the building.
The name of the owner of the flat is Santosh Kumar Agrawal. Ayush Kowshik, the neighbouring flat owner, says, "The family is not in a condition to talk to anyone. We are helping in cleaning and checking what remains.” On being asked about casualties, he confirmed that no one got hurt.
Harsh Agrawal (25), son of Santosh Kumar Agrawal, says, “The reason behind the fire is the short circuit. Everything is burnt here. Physically, everyone is fine but it's a huge mental trauma. My family are in a friend’s flat in the same building right now.”
Santosh Yadav, a guard says, “The fire took place in the morning. There was chaos here until the fire brigade arrived. Everything is under control now.”